A one minute supercut examining (and celebrating) Pixar’s use of color.
Edited by Rishi Kaneria (@rishikaneria)
Music by Moderat.
A Bug’s Life
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Featured on these fine blogs:
The Best Pencil Ever Made
Barely Legal Pawn, feat. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul and Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Nathan Fielder’s Inadvertently Sexy Instagrams
GoPro: Director’s Cut - Shark Riders
When Adobe Illustrator first shipped in 1987, it was the first software application for a young company that had, until then, focused solely on Adobe PostScript. The new product not only altered Adobe’s course, it changed drawing and graphic design forever.
Watch the Illustrator story unfold, from its beginning as Adobe’s first software product, to its role in the digital publishing revolution, to becoming an essential tool for designers worldwide. Interviews include cofounder John Warnock, his wife Marva, artists and designers Ron Chan, Bert Monroy, Dylan Roscover and Jessica Hische.
Nathan For You: Interview With A Seven Year Old
In 2013, a team from the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution took a specially equipped REMUS “SharkCam” underwater vehicle to Guadalupe Island in Mexico to film great white sharks in the wild. They captured more than they bargained for. (whoi.edu/sharkcam)
ClickHole: Woman Takes One Photo Of Herself Every Day For A Week
One overlooked aspect of Spielberg is that he’s actually a stealth master of the long take. From Duel to Tintin, for forty years, he has sneakily filmed many scenes in a single continuous shot.
As always, this video is for educational purposes only. You can follow me at twitter.com/tonyszhou
Scary Products Prank!!
The Office - Bill Buttlicker (Jim and Dwight)
Dog passes out from overwhelming joy
Above the grit and noise of the street, downtown Los Angeles quietly provides some of the most amazing visual detail in its buildings and public art works. This is a selection of those buildings and public arts filmed across some 50 different locations in the immediate downtown area and the arts district. There are many many more locations that are not included and are equally if not more impressive.
Some of the buildings are in disrepair, some have been restored to their full glory while others have been transformed into artworks. In all of them, there is character, color and detail that makes the area a never-ending source of intrigue.
Music by Chassol - Odissi, Pt. II (Emotif) [Yuksek Remix]
All content is copyright of its respective copyright holders. Video and natural sound copyright Ian Wood, 2014. This video may only be reproduced in its entirety, unaltered with accreditation. No portion of this video may be duplicated, altered, reused and/or unaccredited without explicit permission.
For queries regarding aerial filming work, please visit ianwood.com for contact details.
A note about aerial filming, safety and best practices. These shots were obtained with a lightweight remote controlled quad-copter and camera system. The following measures were in place during the filming:
- Following all applicable FAA regulations (the ones that actually exist).
- Avoiding controlled airspace and TFR restricted airspace.
- Staying below 400ft AGL.
- Avoiding any and all air traffic, airways, airports, etc.
- Maintaining awareness for helicopter traffic and proximity to helipads.
- Flying just above or along rooflines to stay out of usable airspace for helicopters.
- Maintaining visual LOS to the quad-copter at all times.
- Shooting mostly during early morning when possible to avoid crowds and traffic.
- Not directly overflying groups of people.
- Being sure to have direct ability to alert any people nearby in case of potential incident.
- Being prepared to ditch in order to prevent injury or accident.
- Maintaining a minimum height of 100ft above any private property.
- Deleting any shots inadvertently revealing private activities or people in a place of privacy.
Nathan Fielder Reports: Italian Pizza